Day 2 & 3:
Sea world, and the beach!!
On day 2 we spent most of the day at Sea World and then traveled to Carlsbad, CA to stay at the Hilton Oceanfront Resort (about a 25 min. drive). I think the highlight for Noah on this whole trip (besides the hilarious Sea Lion Show) was our "new homes". That's what he called our hotels. He would constantly ask "when are we going back to our new home?"
If I had to do it all over again I don't think I'd do Sea World (as much fun as it was, there just wasn't enough down time) next time I would like to spend more time by the beach and pool just relaxing and hanging as a family.
Callie was hilarious in the water, she would jump in over and over and over. She kept saying "I want to swim by myself now." Crazy girl!
Attempt at a 3 person pyramid! Too funny!
Mason of course made lots of friends at the pool. I LOVE how social he is.
The hotel had a great pool area with beach entry (perfect for Callie), with an ocean view, and nice fire pits for lounging in the evening. We got to eat at the resort every day because of a daily $75 hotel allowance to spend at the restaurant, bar, room service, spa, or the gift shop. One night we ate out on the patio and watched the sunset. Very fun! Although every time we ate anywhere Callie would loudly announce "it's taking so long!!!" This became her quote of the week. Whether we were waiting in line at sea world, waiting on food, in the car, or getting ready to go anywhere.
Monday we decided would be our "wet day" we planned on riding water rides, and sitting in the soak zone for the shows so we dressed accordingly. We got to Sea World early so Mason got to ride a few roller coasters over and over because the lines were so short. I think this was the highlight of his vacation. He must have rode the Manta Ray roller coaster like 12 times. I'll admit I'm a sucker for roller coasters too and that ride was a good one.
AFTER:
We went to Mission Beach right after our wet day at Sea World. BIG MISTAKE. We only lasted about 45 mins mostly because Callie was super tired and cranky. Mason had an absolute blast, I LOVED watching him. He is such a little dare devil with a zest for life! It's very fun to observe and I even captured some of it on camera.

No comments:
Post a Comment