Tuesday, May 19, 2015

A Love for Reading

It's hard to admit but I am not an avid reader. I consider myself doing good if I can squeeze in my daily scripture study (and even that is usually while I'm multitasking and exercising on the elliptical...) I know I'm pathetic. But my kids on the other hand for some reason all LOVE books. The library is practically Disneyland to my kids. Noah and Mason recently received their own library cards and they think that is SUPER cool. They take it very seriously. I love it. Both boys are becoming quite the readers and I love that too! Noah really enjoys reading "Informative books" as he calls them, and then will write about what he has read in  his journal. At school the last couple months they have kept track of how many books they have read. The kindergartners get a ribbon and metal if they reach 100 books by the end of the year. Noah got to 193! I'm so proud of him. Mason, Noah and Callie are all constantly reading to April and I've managed to catch some of it on video.





I'm not sure where they picked up this love of reading (like I said I'm not much of a reader)... I figure someday I will have time to read. For now, I just really enjoy watching my kids read and reading to my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment