This year I thought it would be fun to combine birthday parties. We went with a reptile theme and had lots of fun with it. My boys both spend endless hours chasing geckos around and catching them outside, so why not bring some fun reptiles into the house? I had arranged for a reptile company to come to the house and show off their animals. I think what surprised me the most was how enamored all the kids were. I've honestly never seen so many quiet and attentive children crammed into one room. I loved how educational the reptile guy was. He rattled off interesting facts and information about each animal that I enjoyed listening to and getting to know the creepy crawlers!
Mason and Noah got to be the "guinea pigs" and sit up by the reptile guy to hold each animal first.
Mike showed us everything from snakes, to lizards, a tortoise, and a monitor lizard.
They were only closing their eyes because they were instructed to.
Jack the leopard gecko
The Skink lizard
Actually I lied... Callie surprised me the most. She loved every minute of it. I guess having 2 older brothers helps create a "non-girlie" little girl.
Meet George the Monitor lizard this one was by far the COOLEST! Crazy looking guy!
When it was all said and done, Noah thanked me at least 4 times and Mason informed me that in 2 years (that's how often we do birthday parties) he wants the EXACT same party.

No comments:
Post a Comment