Lindsey and I took our boys to California this weekend for another water polo tournament. I was so excited to go and get some beach time and of course do one of my favorite things which is to watch my boys play something they LOVE. The weather ruined my plans for some ocean time. I knew it was going to be colder and not exactly ocean swimming weather but I thought we could at least chill on the beach for an hour or two. The entire weekend it was overcast, raining and cold! I definitely learned some life lessons about surviving wet weather conditions. Haha. Lesson number 1: Defrosters are important in a car when you're traveling in weather like this. The defroster wasn't working in Lindsey's car so we fashioned a tube out of plastic cups, tape and a plastic glove. I'm very impressed with our ingenuity. Lesson number 2: I really do not have good wet weather gear. Lesson number 3: in theory it sounds like a good idea to bring blankets to snuggle in during a game but… blankets are also really good at absorbing LOTS and LOTS of water 🤣
The boys of course played really well. California is a really competitive state for water polo. Their teams were insane. I’m proud of how hard they played. Noah was asked to play up which means he got to play with Mason but also meant not as much play time. He was a really good sport about not getting to play 100% and still enjoyed the game.
Mason also learned how to use chop sticks! Haha















No comments:
Post a Comment