Sunday, September 30, 2012

My Favorite Day of the Year!


Ever since I can remember the Primary Program has been my favorite Sunday of the entire year. Once a year the Primary (children ages 3-11) partcipate in a program with songs and speaking parts for EVERY child in the primary. I look forward to this particular Sunday every year, even before I had children who were participating in it. I think little children have such a sweet spirit and the light of Christ radiating from them make it easy to feel the Holy Spirit. I love substitute teaching in primary as well! Listening to those little kids just sing their hearts out is amazing! At the end of the program our wonderful bishop got up to say a few remarks. He spoke about the chldren and their sweet spirits, he discussed how they are our future. I got teary eyed as he counciled us to continue to be patient with and take those teaching moments with our children. What a spiritual high and an all around amazing Sacrament meeting.
Maryann sent me this picture from her phone captioned: "Where's Noah?" LOL Poor Noah was placed behind the sacrament table, I wasn't able to see his mouth but I sure was able to hear him singing his heart out (Honestly! I think he sang the LOUDEST! I loved it!) I could see him singing with his beautiful eyes as well, He kept smiling at me and raising his eyebrows during the songs! Too sweet!

I was very concerned with Noah having enough courage to walk up on stage, let alone say his part. After all, they have to walk up to the stage and the microphone in front of hundreds of people and say their part. A few times this year the primary children have had a song or two to sing in sacrament meeting. Noah has NEVER walked up to sing with the other kids. He was always a little too apprehensive or shy. Noah's part was "Consequences are what naturally happens because of a choice we make!" We have practiced his part all week and he KNEW it! But... knowing it and actually saying it are 2 seperate things! My heart was pounding for him when he walked up to the podium, he did GREAT! I'm so proud. He even smiled at me after!

I had no reservations about Mason. He has proven time and time again just how confident and out going he is. I love his friendly energetic personality. He was at the very end of the program so I did worry a little that in all the excitment he might forget this part. Of course he rocked it "I should read, listen to, and look at things that are pleasing to Heavenly Father." Unfotunately, Ron wasn't able to attend Sacrament meeting (Highcouncil duties) so I recorded both boys giving their parts. Here they are:

I am so grateful for those who came to support Mason and Noah. Grandma and Grandpa Huber, Grandma Faler (who might I add came REALLY early to save us good seats and graciously stayed the whole block with me!), Aunt Maryann took care of Callie for me, and our beautiful Breanna made it! Thank you so much for all your love and support!

1 comment:

  1. How cute! Our primary program isn't until the middle of this month, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete