Noah was mad at Ron the other evening for not turning the baseball game off the TV and putting on something a little more kid friendly. He was pouting on the floor and announced "I'm not going to take care of you when you're old" Ron asked him Why. His reply "Because you're so MEAN!" (With emphasis on the word mean)
April started saying "Uh-Oh!" this week! She will drop something from her high chair (more like throw it) and proclaim "Uh Oh!!!!!!" It's one of my favorite faces that she makes.
Callie has grown up overnight. She had a birthday last month and I don't understand where my little sassy independent toddler went! She's sassy, lots of attitude, drama, basically a miniature teenager. She came home from preschool yesterday all starry eyed and giggly telling me all about this boy at preschool who is in LOVE with her. So cute. I tried not to make a big deal out of it, my friend Lindsey had given me a heads up about the preschool events that day but I wanted to scream "TELL ME EVERYTHING Callie!!!" It took most of the afternoon and part of the evening for her to tell me the whole story. At one point Callie was getting frustrated with me because I didn't understand exactly what she was explaining so I told her to "paint me a picture" so I could understand. Well... Callie doesn't understand figurative speech. So she drew me a picture. From a 5 year old perspective and a couple texts from Lindsey (her Preschool teacher) this is how I picture Callie's day at preschool: (The boys' name is Kodiak, he goes by Kodi)
During Calendar time Kodi blurts out "I have a crush on Callie OKAY!!" Callie's face turned red and she looked at him and said "Don't say that!"
Then later during Centers time Callie yelled "why did you do that?!?!" Another kid said that Kodi had kissed Callie (on the cheeks 2 times). He told her he likes her a lot. Callie told her friend Capri about the kisses (sadly I guess Capri likes Kodi too but Callie informed me that Kodi told her he likes her better). Lindsey told Kodiak he wasn't allowed to kiss at preschool.
Callie has admitted to liking Kodi a couple random times but she informed all of us at the dinner table (referring to the kiss) "That is not going to happen ever again. That's just stupid!"
I agree! While I think this is innocent, sweet, and a pretty funny; I'm not ready for my Callie to grow up.
Callie's depiction of preschool that day
(This is a 2 part picture)

No comments:
Post a Comment