Saturday, March 9, 2024

Callie’s Cross Country Season














 Last week Callie completed her Cross Country season. I’m so proud of her for trying something outside her comfort zone. She is not a runner and doesn’t particularly enjoy running (at all 🤣) Thank goodness for peer pressure and the promise of new shoes helping her decide to sign up! I had the opportunity to help coach this season which was really fun for me. Franklin Girls team ended up winning 1st place in the City Meet. It was a fun season and I think Callie enjoyed it (even if she says otherwise 😜). Highlights for me:

Bathroom runs with seconds to spare, me running all over the course trying to cheer her on, Callie’s many different hair styles for each meet, and Getting to know her classmates and coaches. The Franklin Jr. High coach Mr. Young usually coaches cross country and has for years. This year his leukemia came back and he was unavailable for most of the season. His wife Julia Young has been substituting for him all semester and she stepped in to coach. I really enjoyed getting to know her and the kids. I’m so happy cross country did not get cancelled and I’m hopeful Callie will give it a go again next year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment